Donor Relations Associate & Annual Fund Manager
We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
|Job Title:||Donor Relations Associate & Annual Fund Manager|
|Location:||Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida|
|Work Type:||Full Time with Full Benefits|
|Subject to Grant Funding?:||No|
|Essential Job Functions:||1. Assist in developing and executing strategic plans for managing major gift donors.
2. Collaborates with Director and Chief Curator, Development Office staff, and NSU central Advancement office to create an effective stewardship plan and monitors progress toward annual goals.
3. Develop and implement key strategies to grow the membership base and revenue; achieve a high retention rate and upgrades among renewing members.
4. Coordinate the collection, recording and maintenance of all donor related data. Manage the Development Associate to ensure all timely recording and deposits of all incoming development/membership checks and payments.
5. Manage all gift acknowledgement and general correspondence, database management and maintenance, data analysis, retrieval and reporting.
6. Manage and implement all donor acknowledgement efforts including recognition programs, monthly web page updates and museum donor wall as required.
7. Assist in the development and implementation of membership drives for the acquisition of new members, the renewal of current members, and the return of dropped or lapsed members and new member groups.
8. Ensures accuracy of the members biographical and giving information, works closely with Development administrative staff to ensure correct and timely reporting, solicitation, tracking, data input, gifts receipts, etc.
9. Work with Museum Finance department in the reporting of gifts to ensure accuracy in the reporting and categorization of all gifts and revenue. Manage the fiscal year department budget to ensure expenses remain within budget.
10. Refine and maintain tracking systems to collect and analyze data on membership activity.
11. Manage periodical revisions of Member, Donor and Corporate benefits with the assistance of marketing.
12. Establish and manage volunteer based program to make follow up calls to members on Development/Fundraising activities.
13. Assist the Director & Chief Curator in drafting the fiscal year membership gift budget.
14. Assist in managing all travel arrangements for all related membership trips for members.
15. Ensure adherence to all professional, university, AFP, and CASE ethical principles, legal standards and guidelines in fundraising activities.
16. Perform other related duties as assigned.
|Marginal Job Functions:||1. Willingness to become familiar with distinct cultures of diverse audiences in tri-county area, (Dade, Broward and Palm Beach).
2. Understanding the "best practices" of development principles as they pertain to annual giving.
3. Excellent written and verbal skills.
4. Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
5. Ability to be an effective contributor and motivator to a strong development team.
6. Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends for all member related events throughout the year.
7. Exhibits high integrity; detail oriented; ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
8. Ability to interpret and explain guidelines, policies, and procedures.
9. Involvement with and knowledge of AFP and CASE.
10. Familiarity with IRS regulations regarding charitable giving.
11. Ability and willingness to travel as needed.
12. Ability to take initiative, work with minimal supervision and make independent judgements/decisions.
13. Ability to work with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.
14. Ability to use and interpret results from Banner and databases.
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:|
|Required Certifications/Licensures:||Valid Florida's license and automobile insurance.|
|Required Education:||Bachelor's Degree|
|Major (if required):|
|Required Experience:||Minimum of five (5) years of successful direct experience in museum and membership or donor program management or the equivalent.|
|Preferred Qualifications:||Supervisory experience with volunteers or clerical personnel a plus.|
|Is this a safety sensitive position?||No|
|Background Screening Required?||Yes|