Director of Foundation Relations
This position will build on the Center’s base of foundation support, seeking new local, regional, and national grant opportunities, both private and public/government, as well as upgrading and renewing current supporters. The Director of Foundation Relations serves as the chief grant writer and works with the Development Team to execute the department’s fundraising goals and with other departments, such as programming and education/outreach, to effectively articulate the Center’s case for support.
• Writes grant proposals, letters of inquiry, interim and final reports, and other letters of communication with donors;
• Researches and identifies prospective foundation and government funders;
• Selects and prepares support material to be submitted with proposals, including artist work samples and press materials on the Center;
• Actively participates in and updates the grant-seeking calendar;
• Ensures that grant obligations are met, including proper funding credit on appropriate marketing materials for grant-funded programs;
• Performs other duties as deemed appropriate by the Vice President of Development. Ideal Experience
• At least 5 years’ experience in grant writing, preferably in the non-profit field.
• A bachelor’s degree is required. Creative and legal writers, as well as English, journalism, public policy and community development majors, are encouraged to apply;
• Excellent writing, editing, analytic, and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to work independently on deadline-critical projects.
• Ability to work well in a team environment.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to use online search tools for research.
• Computer proficiency and understanding of and experience in preparing financial reports and spreadsheets;
• Must be detail-oriented, organized, and have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• A master’s or law degree can be substituted for one year of experience.
How to Apply:
Suggestions for candidates and expressions of interest should be addressed to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, with Director of Foundation Relations search in the title line.