AFP Fort Lauderdale/Broward Chapter is your local connection to the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), the largest organization of professional fundraisers in the world. Learn about our organization by reading our President´s welcome letter, reviewing the code of ethics we adhere to, or meeting the board that guides our organization.
The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) represents more than 30,000 members in more than 206 chapters throughout the world, working to advance philanthropy through advocacy, research, education, and certification programs.
AFP exists to
- Foster development and growth of fundraising professionals committed to the preserving and enhancing philanthropy.
- Establish a code of ethics and professional practices.
- Provide training opportunities for fundraising professionals.
- Implement programs that ensure cultural and social diversity in our membership and leadership.
- Collect, research, publish, and disseminate historical, managerial, and technical information on philanthropy and philanthropic fundraising.
- Promote public understanding of philanthropy and philanthropic fundraising.
- Conduct activities that maintain and develop legislation favorable to philanthropy.
- Provide a valid and reliable certification program for fundraising professionals.